Fils is a software platform for running a world-class impact program. We measure our success in the sustainable impact achievements of our customers. We are looking for team members who love product-building, want to work hard at a mission-oriented startup, and will collaborate with us in shaping the culture of a growing team.
We are based in Dubai and welcome remote team members from across the planet. We hope that you’ll be interested in joining us (a team of change-makers)!
As a founding member of the Marketing team, you’ll be responsible for the written word across all of our marketing channels. You’ll help define our brand voice, develop FILS editorial strategy, and write-a lot. We’re looking for an exceptional wordsmith with a strategic mind, voracious curiosity, and a knack for moving fast.
You are likely a good fit for this role if you are a creative problem-solver who obsesses over language, gets excited about distilling complex topics into compelling stories, and are eager to engage with the large (and fast-growing) community of climate leaders, thinkers, entrepreneurs, scientists, and advocates in our orbit. Our audiences are discerning, and the right person will have a high bar for creativity and execution, even if they’re not (yet!) experts on climate.
- Help define our brand voice, and create the standards, documentation and process for it to scale and evolve across all of our written assets.
- Write, constantly. You’ll author long-form pieces (customer stories, guides, newsletters, blog posts), short-form assets (headlines, emails, social copy, landing pages, video scripts, print), and anything else you think will be most useful to our audiences.
- Bring a strategic lens to our content operations, helping to develop a strategy and process that will inform the prioritization and realization of deliverables.
- Go deep on climate topics and distill them into simple, actionable insights, partnering with subject matter experts on science, policy, and corporate climate action.
- Translate FILS point of view into clear, creative copy that resonates with our audiences.
- Collaborate with teams across FILS to ensure we’re sharing the most helpful content with our customers and community
We are looking for someone who has:
- Deep experience as a writer — and a track record of getting things done in an organization
- Exceptional writing chops, with a gift for telling stories, understanding complex topics, and turning them into clear prose
- Experience writing compelling copy across multiple asset types
- Comfort working autonomously in a high-volume environment to come up with creative ideas and juggle a number of projects at once
- [Bonus but not required] A solid understanding of the climate landscape and a perspective on current climate writing